The impulse in this year indicates a big change over as the child is turning 14 and is experiencing the beginning of puberty.
It is like a head on plunge into the world of the adult, which needs a sensitive understanding but firm guidance.
The time of industrialization up to the contemporary world is the era that corresponds to the stage of the adolescent’s development.
Subject matter taught and learned based on these backgrounds helps the student to find new orientation on the path of his/her individualization process.
Boys and girls start needing different activities and it is important to accommodate this development, equally it remains important to provide opportunities to work together observe the other and complement each other.
The following are themes for those key learning areas.
English: Art of Communication-Art of Poetry-Shakespeare-Literature studying one novel in depth-Language and Literature
History: The Age of Revolution-The Industrial Revolution
Geography: The Earth, its Origins, Processes and Landforms-The World made known- using maps and doing fieldwork
The traditional age of apprenticeship marks the time to introduce adult themes and more challenging content. Students want to feel that they are taken seriously. Teachers support them to develop more sophisticated skills and open the world for new discovery.
This is an overview of the different strands in Math.
Number: index notation, speed, distance, time, rates
- Financial Math: Profit-Loss, compound interest, loans, investments, deposits, purchase…
- Patterns and Algebra: algebraic expressions
- Measurement: Circle, prism, cones, cylinders, perimeter, surface, area
- Geometry: Solids, Eulers Formula, Pythagoras and Trigonometry
- Chance and data
This is an overview of the different subjects explored in Science.
- Biological Sciences: Physical laws in their function, the human body, crop rotation, composting
- Chemical Sciences: Nutrition
- Earth and Space Sciences: Warmth in Weather processes
- Physical Sciences: Mechanics, study of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
At this age we start with the use of digital technology and the understanding of it from a mathematical point and the social boundaries.
Health and Physical Education
Physical activities include for this age group aerobic conditioning, strength training, joint mobility, Fitness testing, track and field events, athletic events, a range of sports, like basketball, handball, cricket, volleyball, tennis and stick wrestling, orienteering, archery, sailing and horse riding